Monday, July 21, 2008

Adjusting to Marriage

I know we've only been married 2 weeks, and a great 2 weeks it has been, but I think we are adjusting quite nicely. I am almost done getting my named changed over which has been a fun and exhausting challenge. People in the government are not easy to work with. We made our first trip to Wal-Mart as a married couple to buy groceries. And all I can say is thank goodness we had gift cards! I think we have enough food to feed an army. I now get to learn how to be an excellent cook for my husband. It's one of the things that makes him really happy. The other night, I made chicken fried steak, mash taters and green beans and he sat in the dining room and watched me the whole time. He was just so happy I was making his favorite meal. And it makes me happy to make him happy, so I want to learn to become a better cook, like the women in my family and his mom. Tonight, however, I'm taking a night off from cooking and we are going to enjoy a wonderful meal at his mom's house and catch up on their Hawaii trip. Tomorrow, I think I will make smothered pork chops...my grandmother's recipe.

When our house get's to looking better...I'll post some pictures on here.

Well, that's about it for now. That's all I can think of at this moment.

Marriage is great! I would recommend it to anyone!

No comments: