Just some things to look forward to:
1. Learning new things and getting more familiar with the new job.
2. Getting Joseph's car fixed so I can have my car back.
3. Cody and Chela's wedding.
4. New Moon.
5. My 26th birthday, because it means we are 2 years closer to something....some of you will know.
6. Going back to Baton Rouge for Thanksgiving.
7. Enjoying another year with my wonderful husband!
That's all I've got right now. But I wanted to update.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Joseph really likes this one too! It's from the same book as below.
Smoked Sausage Potato Bake
1-3/4 cups water
2/3 cup milk
5 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound smoked sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, 4 tablespoons butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with a fork until fluffy. Stir in sour cream and cheddar cheese.
Spook half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until heated through and edges are golden brown. Yield 4-6 servings.