Saturday, March 6, 2010

I know....I'm horrible since I haven't posted since September...so here goes...

Since September --

I am loving the new job! I am learning a lot there. It challenges me and that is a good thing because it keeps me on my toes and I don't get bored. I love the people I work with. I think we are forming good friendships. We have started our own "Biggest Loser" contest and everyone is doing really well! I myself in 2 weeks have lost 7.4 lbs...slowly but surely! I have discovered that I love Progresso soup!! We eat it practically every day for lunch. Also I am a big fan of 100 calorie packs!!!

Joseph and I were able to go to Baton Rouge for Thanksgiving and had a great time there with family. Christmas 2009 was a time of first for me because I wasn't with my parents for the first time in 26 years on Christmas day. We were able to spend Christmas Eve with them and we had a great time eating chicken enchiladas, opening gifts and laughing a lot! Another first during Christmas was that I didn't have the "traditional" Christmas meal....we had soups, which was a nice variation! One other first was that it snowed on Christmas Eve -- it was beautiful! My Christmas present to Joseph this year was brand new golf clubs. He had asked for them and he new that I went out to look at some one night and I came home and told him I wasn't able to get them...too expensive...and that maybe with Christmas money we good look into buying some. Well...I did buy clubs that night...so needless to say...he was surprised!

So, speaking of snow, we had another snow fall in February that was a record 12 inches for DFW. The snow caused our office building to loose power, so therefore, we got a snow day!!! Joseph and I had a great day together seeing movies and eating out and getting stuck in the snow....good memories!

Moving on.....every year (usually) we go bowling for Joseph's step dad's (Ed) birthday. Usually, James (step-brother) and Ed take the lead, but this year, Joseph and Lindsay took 1st and 2nd! I think Joseph enjoyed it a little too much....he might have discovered something else he really likes to do....looks like more bowling in my future!

Joseph's little brother (Graham) is so very cute. He is 2 1/2 now and talking and walking a lot. We don't get to see him as much as we would like to. We saw him during Christmas and he was walking all over our apartment carrying around our decorative cones and calling them his "Christmas Tree." So cute!! He knows that Joseph is his brother and he'll tell you that.

In May Joseph and I will be moving yet again. We are very unhappy in our current apartment. We will be looking for a rental house or town house. I think it will be another year before we buy a house. Which is okay. I'm learning to be patient about that. I'm not very good at it.

I know this was long...so those of you that read all of this...more power to ya!

Love to all,
Jenn and Joseph

No comments: