Sunday, May 23, 2010

Almost Famous

Jenn- I obtained this movie from my former boss because he borrowed one of the Harry Potter movies from me and brought the movie back without the box. He felt bad, so he gave me this movie to sort of "make up for it." I had no interest in seeing this movie before I owned it, but since it was free...I gave it shot. I thought it was great! Of course, I love anything Kate Hudson is in and thought she was great. This is the second time I have watched it and I just now watched the special feature "the making of..." I had no idea that the movie, which was written and directed by Cameron Crowe, is loosely based on his own experiences following bands in the 70's and writing about them. Anyway..great movie!
Joseph - I think it's a really good movie. I like the music in it. I like the story. I like Jimmy Fallon in the movie, even though he has a small part, I think it was good. The scene in the airplane with the storm is funny. I like the song "Fever Dog," it makes me want to put it on my iPod. I like Philip Seymour Hoffman's character of Lester Bangs. Dwight from "The Office" is also in the movie as an editor at Rolling Stones.
Quote -
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're un-cool" - Lester Bangs

No comments: