Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mother and Daughter Project!


Today my mom and I worked on the project for my bedroom.  It is an upholstered wall hanging.  Here are step by step pictures of our fun!
 

Materials - I got my materials at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's - most of which were on sale!
The cat decided to help!
We sewed the batting together so it wouldn't move.
Ironed all the wrinkes out!
Measured for center.
Made sure buttons were evenly spaced.
We thought that sewing the buttons directly to the batting would give us the look we wanted, however...it did not - but it was good to help keep the buttons in place. 

We stapled the material to the wood framed canvas.

**note - I bought an artist wood framed canvas for 2 reasons - 1. it was 1/2 off and my other idea (big pieces of styrofoam would have cost me three times as much )  2. it came with easy hanging possibilities.**
To achieve the look we really wanted we pulled the buttons through the batting and wood framed canvas.

And the finished product!




2 comments:

Keepin' Up With the James said...

Love it! It looks great Jenn!

Sheena said...

wow! i never thought to use canvas! you could even put two canvas' together to make a headboard instead of using heavy particle board or whatever else. thanks for the inspiration!