Sunday, September 19, 2010

Guest Room/Office

Our guest room - no matter what house we have lived in - has always been a guest room/office and has ALWAYS been a sore spot in our house.  If you don't believe me, you can see the pictures below.  It has always been the "catch all" room.  It has come to the point where I just don't even want to walk in there and I have to shut the door if I ever have guests over.  Also the bed was so covered with junk that if someone needed to spend the night - they would have no place to sleep.  So this morning I got up and decided to re-organize this room.  You are going to think I'm crazy, but I had to put a desk in our closet and the dresser and mirror in the guest closet - yes....if we have the space why not use it!  In fact, my husband did call me crazy in the process.  But it turned out great!!!!!  Even Joseph likes it, so that makes me happy!  See the pictures for a before and after.


It's not fully completed, I still have to hang curtains and hang pictures on the wall and such, but it is already a huge improvement.  We also have walking room in the room and a better place for our recliner.  I actually enjoy this room now!  YAY  -  Now we can have guests!

1 comment:

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

At least your place looks big! You guys are lucky to have a guest room : D

We are living in a one-bedroom apartment and now have to "downgrade" to a loft! haha...it's okay, God and love will bring us through it, right? And soon we'll be able to save up for our own place!