Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New recipe that Joseph LOVES!





I have found a new recipe that Joseph loves. It's in a book called Taste of Home Casseroles Slow Cooker & Soups that was given to us by Kathleen for a wedding gift.




Here it is. It is a must try!

Meat Lover's Pizza Bake

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green pepper (of course, I didn't use this)
1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained (of course, I didn't use this either)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk

Directions:
In a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and olives. Transfer to a greased 11-in x 7-in x 2-in banking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.

In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk until blended. Pour evenly over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield 6 servings.

Enjoy!

ps. I'm making another casserole dish out of this book on Friday...if it turns out good and if Joseph likes it, I'll post the recipe.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Sounds yummy, I think I will make this soon. I will let you know what we think.