Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's been a while

I am officially abandoning my 30 day post.  Since the statute of limitations has expired on my 30 days to get that project done, I figure I will just move on....

It is much like earlier posts, when I said that Joseph and I would watch all of our movies in alphabetical order and then blog about them.  HA!  We see how that one turned out.  However, Joseph and I do continue to watch our movies in order.  Currently we are in the B's.  You see we haven't gone very far.  We took a break for a while when Joseph was working a lot and our schedules didn't coincide.  I however, the movie lover that I am, have watched a ton of our movies.  I've even been known to watch a movie and choose an actor out of that movie and keep watching all of their movies that I own (i.e. Sandra Bullock, Practical Magic, Two Weeks Notice, The Blind Side, The Lake House, Miss Congeniality, While You Were Sleeping, and The Proposal, who also stars Craig T. Nelson, which led to The Family Stone, which stars Diane Keaton, which led to Because I Said So, and Father of the Bride) that's where I stopped because I found better things to do, but you get the idea.  I sometimes wonder if I could keep doing this and go through all of the movies we have?  Probably, but I don't know if I have the patience to try it out. 

Wow - I have some life HA! 

On a different note --

Joseph and I joined a local "family type" gym along with my brother.  We went for the first time the other night, and I think I will enjoy it.  Daniel has taken to working out lately and has actually had a weight lifting class through school.  He is now our teacher, and he's pretty good at it.  A little spastic, but that's Daniel!

Okay - we're all over the place tonight -- sorry --

The firm I work for recently went different directions and my boss is now the sole owner of McClure Law Group, PC.  We are a small, but hard working bunch and I think we make a really great team.  I really enjoy my job and the people I work with.  I believe that many good things will happen for our firm and I can't wait to see where the road leads.

Now on to blogs that I love to read.  I read Young House Love daily, and I mean 2 posts a day, daily.  I love them.  They are a husband and wife team and make a living with blogs and magazines and basically anything they can put their fingertips on to get out to the public basic DIY house decor/remodeling that any old Joe/Jane can do themselves.  They recently moved into a new house and it is so interesting to read about the projects they plan to tackle and then actually seeing them complete the projects.  They feed that part of me that is dying to do what they are doing, but can't because we don't own our home.  As much as we love where we live, it's still not "ours" to do with what we want.  One day that will come and in the meantime, I am getting awesome ideas.  Even though I don't feel like our styles completely match 100%, I still learn a lot from reading their blog and seeing all of the risks that they take.

Another blog that I love to read is my cousin-in-law's blog.  She is very creative too and I love reading her posts and catching up on her latest projects or just her thoughts.  We don't get to see them that much, so that's just another way to keep in touch.  Anyone reading this blog should go check it out.  She recently posted a cool DIY art piece!

Well - that's all I have to say tonight -- I'm going to go read a book and go to bed.

ps. for those who know me best, i have graduated to actually "reading" books -- go figure!!

pss.  don't get me wrong, i still "listen" to books when i'm driving -- i don't know if i'll ever give that up.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

thanks for the shout out! i love reading your blog though! i could never do the consistent things either. i think you should do a weekly list of things that are going on. maybe life updates, funny things that happened, work stories, etc. i get so excited when i see i have "one unread post from Let's Talk." :) love y'all!